|24 Oz H-E-B Spicy Red Pepper Pasta Sauce||1/2 cup(s) Chianti Wine|
|3 Oz Littleneck Clams||1/8 Tsp H-E-B Iodized Salt|
|1/8 Tsp H-E-B Black Pepper||1/8 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes|
|9 Oz Whole Wheat Linguine|| |
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a rapid boil over high heat in a large stock pot for pasta.
- Heat red pepper sauce and Chianti in another 4 to 6-quart stock pot over medium-high heat. Boil sauce for 5 minutes.
- While sauce cooks, wash clams under cold running water, using a brush to remove any grit from shells if necessary. Discard any open clams.
- Add clams to sauce, cover with a lid and cook 8-10 minutes until shells open completely; stir clams
once or twice during cooking time. Discard any that don't open.
- Season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Just before clams finish cooking, add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Drain and serve immediately topped with clam sauce.
To find out about the nutritional information for this recipe and receive more heart healthy recipes, please fill out our Contact Us form.
This recipe was developed in partnership with H-E-B.