Zucchini Fudge Brownies
|Cooking spray||1/2 cup canola oil|
|1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce||1 1/2 cups white sugar|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract||2 cups all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder||1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda|
|2 cups grated zucchini (1 large or 2 medium)|| |
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9x13" inch baking pain with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, applesauce, sugar and vanilla until well-blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Stire the flour mixture into the sugar mixture.
- Fold in the grated zucchini.
- Spread evenly into the prepared 9x13" pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Test for doneness using a toothpick. If the toothpick is removed cleanly, the brownies are done.
- Allow the brownies to cool before cutting into 28 equal portions.
Makes 28 brownies
- 100 calories
- 1 g protein
- 19 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fat
- 0 g saturated fat
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 1 g dietary fiber
- 68 mg sodium
- 33 mg potassium
- 1 mg iron
To find out about the nutritional information for this recipe and receive more heart healthy recipes, please fill out our Contact Us form.