About Heart & Vascular Institute - Southwest
Located on the campus of Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital, the Memorial Hermann Heart & Vascular Institute - Southwest opened in 2006 as Houston's first freestanding heart hospital. Dedicated, specialized programming distinguishes the Institute from other facilities.
The Institute's Heart Valve Clinic, for example, offers patients innovative care delivered by a multidisciplinary team of affiliated heart specialists that work together diagnose and treat heart murmurs. For patients whose heart murmur is due to aortic stenosis, the team is experienced in Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), in which they replace a patient’s diseased heart valve with an artificial one.. The Arrhythmia Clinic offers innovative minimally invasive procedures, such as surgical ablation and implantation of the WATCHMANTM Left Atrial Appendage Closure device.
At the Institute, physicians and patients alike benefit from the latest technology and innovative cardiovascular programs. Patients will discover an environment dedicated to their complete comfort and recovery.
- Five-story, 160,000-square-foot facility
- Five cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology labs, five cardiovascular operating rooms and 45 patient beds
- Private rooms with natural light and views
- Hotel-like accommodations, including room service
- Easy parking and freeway access
- Patient liaison
- Internet and business services for patients and family
- Room-service style meals that patients may order via telephone from menus tailored to their dietary needs and restrictions, rather than standardized meals served at scheduled times; they can also order guest trays for family members
- Dedicated cardiac nurses throughout the patient's hospital stay
- A uniquely designed post-procedure healing program
To learn more about the Memorial Hermann Heart & Vascular Institute - Southwest, our cardiologists, or treatment facilities please use our contact form here. Schedule an appointment with a Memorial Hermann Cardiologist online or by calling (713) 456-5000.