About Memorial Hermann Heart & Vascular Institute-Southwest
Located on the campus of Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital, the Memorial Hermann Heart & Vascular Institute-Southwest opened in 2006 as Houston's first freestanding heart hospital. Dedicated, specialized programming distinguishes the Institute from other facilities.
The Institute's Heart Valve Clinic, for example, offers patients innovative care delivered by a multidisciplinary team of affiliated heart specialists that work together to diagnose and treat heart murmurs.
At the Institute, physicians and patients alike benefit from technology at the leading edge and innovative cardiovascular programs. Patients will discover an environment dedicated to their complete comfort and recovery.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) awarded Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital its highest rating of three stars for quality related to Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) or heart bypass surgery.
Call us at (713) 456-5000.
- Seven-story, 200,000-square-foot facility
- Five cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology labs, five cardiovascular operating rooms and 45 patient beds
- Private rooms with natural light and views
- Hotel-like accommodations, including room service
- Easy parking and freeway access
- Patient liaison
- Patient Education Center
- Internet and business services for patients and family
- Room-service style meals that patients may order via telephone from menus tailored to their dietary needs and restrictions, rather than standardized meals served at scheduled times; they can also order guest trays for family members
- Dedicated cardiac nurses throughout the patient's hospital stay
- A uniquely designed post-procedure healing program