Awards, Accreditations and Accolades
At the Heart & Vascular Institute-Memorial City we're proud of the many accomplishments that set us apart.
- Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care Accreditation as a Cycle III Chest Pain Center with PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention). To receive the designation of a Chest Pain Center, Memorial City was required to meet or exceed a wide set of stringent criteria and demonstrate commitment to reducing the time it takes to receive heart attack treatment, and increase the accuracy and effectiveness of cardiac treatment in a coordinated process that can save lives.
- Top Performer in The Joint Commission's Improving America's Hospitals report for meeting or exceeding 95% performance on 22 key quality measures including those for heart attack and heart failure - places us among the top 14 percent of Joint Commission-accredited hospitals nationwide. Memorial City was one of only two hospitals in Houston to achieve this level of performance and recognition.
- MIDAS+ Platinum Quality Award for clinical performance across a number of quality indicators, including readmission rate, SCIP, Acute Myocardial Infarction, etc. Memorial City was selected for its 2010 comparative performance of over 598 hospitals that participate in the ACS MIDAS+ National Comparative Database in a comprehensive and broad set of key clinical areas. This award places Memorial City in the Top 5 percent of hospitals.
- Received recognition from the Commonwealth Fund for excellence in heart attack care that reduced re-admissions. Memorial City ranks in the top 3 percent in the country on readmission rate for patients with acute myocardial infarction and pneumonia. Results of studies at four hospitals were featured on WhyNotTheBest.org with Memorial City identified as one of those top performing hospital.
- Blue Distinction from BCBS or Texas recognizes facilities that meet objective, evidence-based thresholds for clinical quality, developed in collaboration with expert physicians and medical organizations.
- Blue Distinction Center for Stroke Care®
- Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care®
- Designated as an Aetna Institutes of Quality® in two heart-related areas. Aetna designates hospitals and facilities in the Aetna network as "Institutes of Quality" based upon an evaluation of the clinical performance and overall value of these facilities.
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiac Medical Intervention
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval™ as a Primary Stroke Center
- Level II Primary Stroke Center State Certification
For more information, please call us at (713) CARDIAC or (713) 227-3422.
Memorial Hermann Heart & Vascular Institute - Memorial City
921 Gessner Rd
Houston, Texas 77024
The Heart & Vascular Institute-Memorial City is located in the East Tower. Convenient, free parking is available in Garage Three.